Monday, October 31, 2011

One Week gone!

Well Cathy and I have officially been here over a week! And it has been a busy week! Last week was the first week at Swanson Primary. It is great! Everyone has been so welcoming and friendly! Just like everyone in New Zealand! I actually have been able to do a lot of teaching! I have taken over fitness, role, and diary writing. I love having fitness in the morning. Kids need a time to run around and get their blood flowing. I really hope in my future classroom I can incorporate this everyday. On Thursday I got to take over the first two hours! Which was exciting! I learned a lot about kids this age. First thing, they remember EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. I did not line them up the correct way and they made sure to tell me that it was the wrong way. So I better make sure I do things the way they know! So now I will be taking over subjects more and more. It is going much quicker than I anticipated but that is because the term is only 7 weeks. And I am quick to do whatever I can. I want to get every experience I possibly can so I am happy to jump in whenever possible! There are so many different things I have learned in just the first week that I know I want to incorporate in my future classroom. On Friday they had a team assembly and at this time they sang songs, passed out certificates and read a story. I love how the team is so connected and work so well together. It shows off to their students.


This past weekend Cathy and I took a trip to the Bay of Islands. That was beautiful. I can’t even put it into words how pretty it was. It was the most amazing place I have ever seen in my life! We got to see the beauty of New Zealand on the bus ride up. So many hills and beauty around every corner (and tons of sheep). New Zealand is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment