Friday, November 4, 2011

Week Two

This week was great! I got to teach two full days! Deb had work days on wednesday and friday so I got a lot of teaching in! I am really enjoying it. The kids are great and they just love hearing about the differences in America. So my host mom and I decided at some point it would be soo fun to do a lesson on the different words that we use.  Oh and this week two lambs came to school! IT was SO cool, considering dogs aren't usually even allowed near school grounds at home.  The kids loved it and I think I  loved it even more! They got to pet them and everything.  It was very enjoyable.  I am still getting used to the structure of the day. I didn't think it would be so hard to have the two different breaks but it is. Its just hard to sit down and then realize you still have a lot of the day left! But I am getting used to it.  I was observed by the deputy principal this week and he seemed to have enjoyed it so that makes me very happy! I will be in full control pretty much the rest of the time now. VERY fast but I love it this way. I want to get everything I can out of this experience so if that means being thrown into that I will take it! I can't believe two weeks have already gone by! Its crazy.  Only 6 more weeks.  And it is going to fly by. Cathy and I planned to go to Auckland today to explore but the plans get switched so we went to Crystal Mountain with her host mom Jan.  Its this place with a bunch of crystals, animal farm and kiddie rollercoaster.  We just looked at the crystals and had some coffee.  Tonight are fireworks so that should be fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear of your adventures. Keep enjoying the trip, the people and their culture. Dad

    ReplyDelete