Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two more weeks WHAT???


Its amazing how fast time can go. A couple weeks ago I was halfway done with this experience. Now I have two weeks to go. It has been a busy couple of weeks! After my not so good week, I have had a great two weeks!!! I feel completely in control of the class. My coop teacher was just saying how the kids now go straight to me when they have questions instead of going to her.  I feel like I have connected better with the students and my classroom management skills are so much better. 

Last week was a fun week. Since it was Thanksgiving at home, I did a mini unit on Thanksgiving here. I taught a brief history, talked about my family traditions, and learned about the students’ traditions also and made thankful turkeys. Also, I showed them a video of the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade that they just loved. Overall it went good. Then Thursday night my host family and Cathy’s got together to cook a Thanksgiving meal. It was fantastic!! It definitely made being away for Thanksgiving much easier.

This past weekend, Cathy and I rode bikes to an outdoor mall to do some souvenir shopping. Then Sunday we went to Devonport, an island off of Auckland.  It was beautiful!!!! I really enjoyed the feel of the island, we climbed up an old volcano and sat at the top of it for a long time, just enjoying the beautiful day. It was the first day that has felt really warm since we have been here. I think I may be a little in shock when I return to home and its snowing! Blah! OH and on Monday Rachel and I went to Bethels Beach! It was simply amazing. I do not have any other ways to describe it. I think I will just put pictures on and you can see for yourself.  We did a bush walk, and I climbed a tree! (pictures to prove it) And walked on the black sand into caves! Just a beautiful place.

As for school this week I have been adding more Christmas activities and just fun end of the year things.  We have a Christmas concert coming up next week so we have been practicing a lot for that. I can’t believe there are only a couple more weeks. I have really enjoyed my time here and I definitely want to come back here some time in the future. It is the most beautiful place in the world. 

Bethels Beach :)









No comments:

Post a Comment